Thursday, February 22, 2007

Goodbye Grandma

Grandma had passed away on the 19th of February 2007 (2nd day of Chinese New Year) at 8.45 p.m. Grandma is a kind and cheerful woman, perhaps a bit childish at times (which make her cute). She would fill her plate of rice and bring it to the living room and sit in front of the TV, just like me. We sure know how to enjoy life.

Grandma take care of me for a while when I was very young, and I couldn’t quite recall if I treated her badly or not. But I guess we get along pretty alright, and now I recall it, she had always been a childish and cute grandma, while mom is the serious one. I only remember I won T-shirt through some contest, and she asks me to give her the T, but I didn’t. She shows me a childish disappointed face. Some scenes just seem to stick in my mind forever.

Grandma had gotten thinner as she grows older, but still in good health, just slightly more fragile. She came down to live with us for a while not that long ago, and I am glad she did. I don’t remembered spending much time with her, and the memory of me and her is pretty vague now. I can’t feel sad, because of the little memory we have together. Mom and sis are very sad about loosing her.

I shall miss her, my cute grandma.

The ceremony is pretty okay, with many friends and families come to help out (folding gold and silver paper). We have a chanting ceremony every night, ends with a good cup of coffee to put her to sleep. She is going to be cremated on this coming Friday, as it is her wish, and be celebrated with a music band (quite a cool grandma huh).

I wish her have peace, and be happy.

PS: With the first death of the people close to me, I am afraid someday I shall weep for someone dearest to me. May everyone I love be safe, healthy and happy.

No comments: