Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Life's a Dance

When I was fourteen I was falling fast
For a blue-eyed girl in my homeroom class
Trying to find the courage to ask her out
Was like trying to get oil from a waterspout
What she would’ve said I can’t say
I never did ask and she moved away
But I learned something from my blue-eyed girl
Sink or swim you gotta give it a whirl.
- John Michael Montgomery, “Life’s a Dance”



Sometimes we are so afraid to act on something; at the end we still loose it. I know a lot of things are not so easy psychologically, including asking a girl out and many other things. The thing is, things might still get worse if we didn’t do anything about it; though we might face some rejection if we did it. No matter what, there is always a price to pay either we do it or not, or we prefer to pay which price (never to get the girl you love, or possibility of facing one rejection?).

I know, I know. It’s easier to ignore it, as there is no disappointment if there is no hope. But then again, isn’t the price worth it and hope is what’s keep us going? Even if you give up this time, the hope will be burnt up again in the future, putting you on the same crossroad and making the same decision again. How many times should we run away?

It’s not just about a girl or love, as there are so many decisions we shall be making through out our life. Our career, our lifestyle, our business, our opportunities, our happiness and our destiny, all are formed by the decisions we make in life.

Sink or Swim, you gotta give it a whirl (so at least you know for once or more, what would happen if you do it; most of the time, even a failure could bring positive changes for the future).

Then again, it’s easier said than done, and that’s exactly why it’s so precious.

No comments: