Friday, January 26, 2007

How you wanna live your life?

Today just got an email from an old friend (not a “real” email, but a “forwarded” mail) about “Be Yourself”. I don’t usually view forwarded mails nowadays, but since it is quite rare to receive something from her, so I decided to give it a look.

I think it is something about how we should enjoy our life, rather than living for the sake of living. About how people who accomplish exceptional result would end up sacrificing other part of their life, including family or health. How we should have a balance life and alike, not setting too high of a target or objectives in life. Comparing this with my previous post, I realize there are two cults. One is a believer on setting targets and achieves more with life, and the other is about how we should enjoy life and appreciate what we have.

As we read and learn more, found that there are many beliefs, ideas, disciplines, and teachings of different kind in this world. Each has their own reasons to exist, but neither is really right or wrong. Sometimes with so many options and advices, it confuses us on what we want to become or believes in. Then it prompted me again to think, how do I want to live my life?

Some says we should be appreciative of what we have. If we are not happy with what we have at the moment, we won’t be happy even though when we get more. Then it prompted me to think? Does a millionaire have the vision to be a millionaire in the first place, or he never thought of that before and continuing doing his work until he “accidentally” hit the jack pot? Does it really matter? Haha. To set an objective or not?

Basically I think I am a lucky person, and probably a spoilt brat as well. Perhaps God intend to give me a good life, making sure I am comfy. But at the same time, I am afraid my comfortness might corrupt me. Thus I feel the need to do more with my life, to accomplish something. Why always with the money? Perhaps it is easy to measure, and we need money to survive. But one thing is true, a balance life is required. Anyway, if I did screwed up my life, I have only myself to blame.

PS: Today I watch a movie about Magazine publishing, could it be fun?

No comments: