While I was at the bridal fair, I kinda browse through their catalogues and samples as well. No doubt that most of the pictures are nice and beautiful, but I would say most of them doesn’t quite suite my taste. Why? Because there are too much unnatural posing, boring artificial environment and there is no life in the photo itself. It is just a piece of fake and lifeless photo which happens to look pretty.
So, what kind a photo sucks? Those with ugly colour clothing pretending to look like club performer in the 70/80’s is the worst. Those with super fake artificial background don’t make it as well. Certain post kinda too fakish or too stereotype and commercial, thus it doesn’t feel natural. It doesn’t have a life nor a sense of real happiness in it. In fact, it is pretty hard to look lively for indoor photography, perhaps we should take photo in a house rather than studio, where there are more comfortable and natural living room, bed room, bath room and garden. Outdoor of course is the best, with blue sky, white clouds, greenery and borderless ocean.
So, what kind of “lively” beauty do I mean? Perhaps more natural smile and laugh (rather than those kind of smile being forced and dictate by the camera man), more realistic natural surroundings (perhaps park, garden, farm, jungle or beach) and definitely posing with some action with more fun (like running around, carrying each other, rather than pretending artistically like a perfect couple looking at something).
What theme would make a good wedding photography (my preferences are highly biased towards natural)?
- With no shoes (barefoot), and a lighter and more comfortable dress
- Blue Sky, White Clouds and Greenery
- Some mud/paint on the face due to some playfulness
- Sitting on a tree brunch or tree house
- A swing attached to a tree
- Pinching each other face playfully
- Carry each other on the back
- Back to back carry
- Beach Boy and Beach Girl look
- Playing in the water
- Lying down on green grass
- In a nice comfy home (living room, bed room, batch room)
- In front of some extremely nice modern architect
- Orchard, Farm, Park, Jungle, etc (natural beauty)
- Artistic Naked Photo?