Monday, July 03, 2006

The FEAR of "Unfinished Business"

Don’t you sometimes get this feeling of lost, where you have no idea what you are doing with your life and had quite some worrisome feeling within you but you don’t exactly know what is wrong. You know something is missing, but it is just hard to identify what is missing. I would call it “Unfinished Business”, as it could be something I had not done, dunno how to do and still trying to figure out what to do.

What are the “Unfinished Business” symptoms?
  • Lost
  • Fear
  • Uncertainty
  • Failure to concentrate and be productive
The “Unfinished Business” symptoms pop up once in a while under the following circumstances:
  • When I am alone
  • When I have too much backlog of work
  • When I had too much fun
  • When I have unfulfilled dream I am desperately trying to achieve
  • When I am uncertain of the future
  • When I am being lazy
What motivates us to live our life day by day happily?
  • A Promising Future? Success in life?
  • Fun?
  • Love?
  • Responsibility?
  • Challenge?
Again, perhaps too much analysis and question, with no exact answers. I should come up with some conclusion this time.

Okay, first of all, we need purposes in life (perhaps a few minor ones and big ones by our own definition). Basically, everyday we are working towards those purposes. We feel happy when we are doing enough, and felt kinda negative when we didn’t contribute enough. Of course we need rest and leisure as well. So again, the balance between work (contribution to our purposes in life) and self enjoyment (reward for us or to rest the soul and body).

Though we work for money most of the time, but I don’t think a lot of money will really make us happy for the long term. I think we need Challenges, which I turn leads to Satisfaction. We need to accomplish stuffs, stuffs which we like or interested with. There are a lot of people I know who actually sacrifice the opportunity to make more money to do something which they enjoy, or should I say, to chase a dream. The problem is, sometimes dream chasing could be painful and uncertain. Perhaps it is the attitude. We shouldn't care too much on what could turn out from it. We just need to try our best and enjoy what we like best. I once read, “When you believe you cannot be harm in anyway, there is no need to fear. Instead of fearing failure, you’ll end up falling in love with challenge”

I think in life, we are not used into taking much risk or challenges, thus it is not exactly a norm for us. We want the false sense of security, we want insurance and guarantee. Really, there is no real security in life.

Personally, I do really have to let go of all my personal baggages and walk tall as if I am invincible again. Believing I am the best for a moment, that I can achieve anything I like, and nothing could harm or discourage me that I have nothing to loose. I believed the greatest enemy is always within us; confidence, determination and perseverance are all we need to walk through life in a happy manner. All could be done and achieved, and dream can came true as long as we yearn for it. It is all in the mind.

I am INVINCIBLE again.


PS: I think I am using Blue Dragon as an avenue for self pep talking, a lot :)

No comments: