Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Humility from 御用闲人

I kinda like the Cantonese series which is showing on Astro lately, The Prince Shadow (御用闲人), a story about the Emperor’s helper who is smart, good in Kung Fu and yet, have no intention to be the Emperor’s officer. Thus, he had no official power, just being the Emperor’s runner. It show is light and relaxing, and funny at times. Just right for a entertaining after a good meal.


Anyway, the song is pretty catchy as well, talking about life without much expectation for power and career, no intention to fight and don’t mind to be looked down, and enjoyed the freedom yet being good and useful.

不贪加官再封爵位
并未见有所作为
闲人 或许总给看低
没与你争辉
处事深不见底
莫笑我 我斗心不再
闲着似我 方可发现爱
如没有天赐休闲
谁又会知 怎放开
你莫羡慕被御用
也许最后是场梦
没有贪威想领功
妄想跨凤又乘龙
若自负天聪显威风
也许最后被愚弄
智者方想得通
不贪加官再分爵位
并未见有所作为
闲人 或许总给看低
没与你争辉
处事深不见底

Anyway, just thinking, perhaps of all the things I had learned and become better for the past years, I think I didn’t improved is humility. Perhaps I talk too much, over confident at times, thinking I am right most of the time and seldom find others better in me (in something I am good I, of course). Perhaps I should be more humble, talk less and listen more. I think too many times I tried to prove myself or persuade others to change, which I thought it is for the better.

Somehow I felt, perhaps I could find peace among humility. It kinda felt good to be humble at times. You can still be confident and capable, but just be humble :)

Another lesson learned from TV show

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

你是电视精!哈哈!
but no doubt we can learn from some movies, tv shows... when we ourselves couldn't have so much experience from different areas, then movies are one of good sources to learn from other people's experience :)