Why Flickr (more FREE marketing) and some criticising as well
- The site is powered by Yahoo!, thus I can be quite sure it shall be available for quite a long while and hopefully remain free (as long as the competition says so)
- It allows me to upload a lot of photos at a time (batch upload), and Tag them. But it doesn't allow me to modify the title/description of these photos using this tool.
- It offers 20 MB of monthly upload limits, which should be sufficient as I am not storing printable quality photos (I am storing them as 800 pixels).
- Only 3 Photosets? Meaning I can only create 3 named album, which is too little :( a marketing trick to get me to upgrade to paid version once I am hooked to it
- Allow linking on photo to blog site such as blogger, which is a plus for a blog addict like me :) (not sure I'll be using this feature, but it is an extra anyway).
- And just in case I have some extra cash to spend, I can upgrade to the Pro Account for USD 24.95 per year (about RM 95). It offers 2 GB monthly upload limit, unlimited storage, unlimited photosets (shitty marketing strategy), permanent archiving of high-resolution original images and ad-free.
PS: Flickr only allow you to view your last 200 photos only (There seems like no way to retrieve the rest, unless u pay for upgrade)