Monday, January 30, 2006

How is the New Life so far?

It had been a week since my last employment day, and I had been taking it quite easily. What had I done so far?
  • I shop for my new PC (the White Knight) and set it up
  • I done some Chinese New Year shopping
  • I done some furniture shopping (haven’t bought any yet)
  • I edited lots of videos (Wei Kang’s wedding, Chin Chuan’s wedding, Rock Climbing and Birthday Karaoke). I still had Christmas and 4 hours of Chiang Mai Advanture to edit. I am too tired, perhaps next weekend.
  • I finished my blogs on Amazing Chiang Mai Trip (Part I, II, III, IV, V, VI) and Gift of Heart (Part I, II, III, IV)
  • Had 3 leisure day during Chinese New Year
It seems like the free and easy days had ended, and serious works are coming up next. I still need to pick up some furniture, as my desk real estate is really limited and I would like to create a more professional looking SOHO environment for myself.

How do I endure the rest of my self employment life?
  • I would need to discipline myself to wake up early and work from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.
  • I need to keep myself motivated, and avoid falling into anxiety
  • I need to have full confident my of plan, be persistent and complete the work (no giving up half way through!)
  • I need to keep myself happy as I am all alone working at home with minimum human interaction (except with my mom)
  • Learn to let go of myself (learn to relax and enjoy life a bit), separation of work and leisure time
  • Keep myself occupy
Wish me lots of luck, persistency, discipline and enjoyment of life :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo! Good luck!

Gong xi! Gong xi!!